Ingredients (serves 6/8)
- 2 rolls of puff pastry
- 100g of sugar
- 150g of almond powder
- 75g of softened butter
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch of salt
Preparation 20 mins Cook 20/25 mins
- Take the puff pastry from the fridge and leave it to rest a little at room temperature. Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the sugar, almond powder, softened butter, one egg, and a pinch of salt. Mix until well combined.
- Unroll your two puff pastry discs. Spread the almond cream over the ﬁrst one. Now is the right moment to place your lucky charm (fève) somewhere in the cake.
- Place the second sheet of puff pastry over the cream pushing gently together the edges to seal them tight.
- Brush the whole surface with the egg yolk. With the tip of a knife, gently draw criss-cross lines and pierce the pastry at their intersections to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for about 20/25 minutes or until golden brown. Eat while still warm to enjoy at its best.