Ingredients (makes about 25)
- 1l full-fat milk
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 500g white sugar
- 50ml rum (or according to taste)
- 120g plain flour
- 2 medium egg and 2 medium egg yolks, beaten
- Non-stick baking mould with small indentations, suitable for canelés
Preparation 25 min Cooking 55 min
- Put the milk, butter, vanilla and 20g sugar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over a medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and let cool until lukewarm to the touch.
- Whisk in the rest of the ingredients together.
- Heat oven to 230°C.
- Fill each non stick mould with batter and leave 1cm at the top.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 15 mins.
- Rotate the tray by 180 degrees, reduce oven temperature to 180°C and bake for 30-35 mins.
- Remove the canelés from the oven, let sit for 10 mins, then turn the moulds upside down and gently tap the base until the canelés drops out.
Cool completely before eating.