Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 large beetroots
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tblp olive oil
- 4 chives, cut into 5cm lengths
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Wash the beets and while still wet, wrap them individually in foil.
- Set them on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until tender when pierced.
- Rub the skins off the warm beets with paper towels.
- Slice and cut the beets into 1.5 cm strips.
- In a medium bowl, mix the vinegar and ginger.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in the oil.
- Add the beetroot, toss to coat and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with the chives and serve at room temperature